Skip to main content

How to : Neutral Valentine’s Day wreath!!





Lately for the holidays I have been obsessed with monochromatic decor as well as neutral decor. so when making Valentine’s Day decorations this year I still wanted a bit of the traditional red but a little bit more toned down. So of course I turned to Pinterest and YouTube first for some inspiration. I saw so many people doing really cute things with the dollar tree heart wreath and I knew I had to get had to get it. but I still don’t know what to do with it I had some cotton rope that I had gotten from another local dollar store and when I started playing with the two I ended up with this beautiful Handwoven heart wreath. For just two whole dollars you can make this yourself.


What you will need


1. A dollar tree heart wreath


2. Cotton rope ( for a different look, you can use the same technique with ribbon, long strips of fabric or really thick yarn)

3. Glue gun



Step one ☝🏽



Start anywhere on the wreath. I started at the bottom of the heart. Take a piece of rope,ribbon, or yarn and hot glue it to the back of the wreath form.




Step 2


Cut a really long piece of the rope. Next, take the end of the rope and weave it around the outside wire under the middle wire and over the inside wire of the heart. Pull the rope all the way through.

Step 3




Now you should have your first row and the end of the rope should be in the middle part of the heart hanging over the inside wire. Now take the end of the rope and weave it under the inside wire over the middle wire and under the outside wire. Pull through.


Step 4





Repeat steps 2 and 3 until the rope is completely woven around the heart. when you get to the parts where the heart curves the rope will need to be spaced further apart on the outer edge.





You should have the perfect neutral valentines wreath when you are done. You can add a red ribbon for that classic pop of color if you want.






Leave a comment if you liked this heart wreath, have questions, or if you have tips for me to make this better. If you love the look and don’t want to make it yourself it is available on my Etsy shop to purchase. I’m new to Etsy so please leave give me some stars if you like my stuff.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY industrial Lighting | Copper wall Sconce

I have wanted to create some kind of industrial lighting for a while now but to be honest for a long time I didn’t know anything about electrical. I watched many tutorials and in each one they mentioned how easy it was to create a light fixture or lamp. I didn’t believe them because no matter how much I read I could not grasp the concept until I actually tried it hands on. And I promise it really is EASY and AFFORDABLE! I will show you how I made this copper industrial lighting for less than $20 To make this light you will need... Copper spray paint ( black or silver will look cool too) 1/2” PVC pipe cut to the following lengths 2@22” 1@9” 3@2” PVC connections 2- -T connections 1 elbow 2- -Threaded male adapters Light bulb ( not included in the cost but you probably have a light bulb on hand) Light kit ( I got mine for less than $5 Flanges ( I recommend getting these online. They are much more expensive in store) 2 - 1/2” flanges Saw or PVC cutters - you can get a basic hand saw at mo...

How to caulk like a professional

Caulking can be one of the easiest DIY projects. However, if you don’t know what you are doing then it can be the messiest and most frustrating. That’s why there is a whole market of products and a long list of hacks for people who haven’t yet figured out the real secret to getting perfect caulk lines. In this post I will explain how to caulk like a professional and get a perfect finish without the fancy tools. In this post I will share with you guys my 5 tips for getting perfect caulk lines, the different uses for caulk and how caulk can be used to give a project the perfect finish. What can you use caulk for ? For most of us, our first attempt at using caulk will be to caulk a tub. But really caulk can be used to give a clean finish to almost any product with a crack, gap, seam or connection point. It’s great for waterproofing, filling small holes, woodworking, finishing off a project like installing moulding or baseboards, painting projects and much more. ever had an unsightly crac...

3 more DIYs to keep your office functionally organized

It’s one thing to be organized. It is another thing to be functionally organized. Have you ever organized an area of your home and then a week or two later it is right back to being on the hot mess express? Well I have been there and done that. Then I realized that I was organizing but I was not making the space functional. I will make a separate post on how to make any space functionally organized. But in this post I will show you 3 DIYs that will keep your office or home school space functionally organized. You can probably whip up all of these in less than 30 min. DIY file organizer This is my favorite one. I think we all probably have a milk crate in our basement. If you don’t then I recommend finding some kind of square basket or container in your home that will fit a folder. Worst case scenario you will want to check your local thrift store or shop a friend’s basement. A milk crate is the perfect size for a file folder. Once you find the crate or basket you are usin...